DONATE NOW TO DEMENTIA SINGALONG THERAPY (Paypal)
The Dementia Singalong Therapy Program is dedicated to sharing exercises with patients living with dementia-related diseases and brain damage, through a series of exercises which help to strengthen the brain’s memory and communication processes. We empower residents in houses and memory care units to create meaningful experiences which help to expand awareness and a sense of hope in the community.
• Create ways to give residents and patients a sense of purpose.
• Inspire caregivers and loved ones to find value in helping the
individual in need to communicate more effectively.
• Reduce loneliness, boredom, and a feeling of disconnection
common in people living with Parkinsons, Alzheimer’s, and
• Educate community and improve community awareness.
• Change the way dementia is viewed; not as a setback but as
an opportunity to grow.
Recently, exciting discoveries have been made in relation to Music as a new approach to creating new neural pathways in people living with dementia-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinsons. These methods can even be helpful for people coping with strokes, or brain injuries. This is accomplished through a series of stretches, breath work, diaphragmatic muscle work, scales, singing familiar old songs and finally sharing stored memories, brought up by singing certain songs.